In the initial years of a home loan, a large part of the payment goes towards interest and in times of inflation, this can lead to much higher monthly payments.
This calculator shows how much you can potentially save by making a large early payment of the loan amount.
Prior to making any change to your personal finances, please read the disclaimer
Notes on this calculator
- This calculator assumes a fixed interest rate. Since most loans in the UAE are offered on a floating rate basis (where the rate is reset either monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually), your monthly payment may change in the future.
- There are additional payments such as life insurance and property insurance that you may have to pay to your home loan provider in addition to the monthly payments.
- All months are assumed to have the same number of days for the purpose of this calculator.
- This calculator assumes that the loan term does not change. Instead of reducing the monthly payment, you can also opt for a shorter loan term.
- The "Early Payment Fee" is now regulated by the UAE Central Bank. Please check the exact amount that your home loan provider is charging.