UAE is a great place to own a car. With low car prices, great open highways and cheap fuel, this is a great place to own and drive that dream car that you have always wanted. Insurance is one of the biggest expenses when you own a car in UAE.
Here are 5 steps to get the best deal on your car insurance:
1. Get a quote from your current insurance provider. Your current insurance provider is aware of your history and would be able to offer you very competitive rate if you have a good driving track record. Further, as your no claim period with a single provider increases, they should be able to give you a better quote each year. And you should be able to further negotiate the rate if you have multiple cars insured with the same provider.
2. Compare the rate offered by your current insurance provider with a few other insurance providers either by talking to an insurance broker in UAE or by using a comparison website. This will allow you to check if your provider is giving you a competitive rate and if there is a reason to change the insurance provider.
3. While you are comparing prices across multiple providers, it is important to ensure that the comparison is based on a standard set of features. Some of the important features to look at are agency repair vs non-agency repair, comprehensive insurance vs third-party insurance, off-road coverage for 4x4 vehicles, GCC coverage and driver & passenger cover. These features can make a significant difference to the price and some brokers or insurance providers may offer you better prices by simply removing some or all of these features from your cover.
4. The real value of an insurance provider is realized at the time of a claim and therefore it is important to check their service platform to see how easy it would be to make a claim. Some insurance providers offer 24 hour call centers, roadside assistance, breakdown towing service, replacement cars, etc that make the entire claim experience very pleasant.
5. Get a no-claim discount protection on your car insurance. While discussing insurance rates, remember to check with your insurance provider if they offer no-claim discount (NCD) protection. NCD protection is a feature that protects you from an increase in your insurance premiums in the next year if there is a claim. While this is small expense, it can save you a large increase in your insurance premiums next year.
There is a huge amount of competition in the insurance market in UAE and the insurance providers are willing to throw in significant features or discounts for the right kind of customers. Hence, it is important for you to not ignore this vital step but to make a little effort to work on this. If you work hard enough, the RTA charges may just get recovered through the amount saved on your insurance. Keep saving…Find the best Insurance quotes here.