HSBC is the largest banking institution in the world and has a network across 74 countries. Initially the bank was named as British Bank of Middle East (BBME). In 1994, the headquarters shifted to Jersey and in 1999 the bank was renamed as HSBC.
HSBC was always known for its innovative products suitable for a wide range of customers. A few products offered by HSBC in UAE are mentioned below:
- HSBC Advance Account: This current account is available in multiple currencies like AED, USD, GDP, EURO. Accountholders have access to a team of dedicated HSBC advance specialists for any account related queries.
- HSBC Premier Account: A current account that gives you many benefits like Free SMS alerts, free internet and phone banking, free cheque books etc. Premiere Accounts offer a dedicated premier relationship officer to all their valued customers.
- HSBC Savings Account: Savings Account can be maintained with/without salary transfer. The account offers many benefits such as discount on dining, buy 1 get 1 free booklet etc.
- Black Credit Card: An exclusive card with enormous benefits on dining and travel. Exclusive golf benefits, 0% easy payment plan, unlimited lounge access, buy 1 get 1 free vouchers are a few benefits enjoyed on this card. An annual fee of AED 2000 applies on this Card.
- Platinum Select Credit Card: A free for life card with 2.99% interest p.m. Cardholders can enjoy cinema offers at VOX Cinemas, redeem air miles for flights, shopping vouchers etc.
- Gold Credit Card: A visa credit card with zero annual fees for first 12 months. The minimum salary requirement for this card is AED 5000. Enjoy buy 1 get 1 free cinema tickets and earn 1.25 miles for every AED 2 spend, to redeem at any airlines.
- HSBC Home Loans: Home loans are available at interest starting at 3.99% p.a. The minimum salary requirement to avail the loan is 15,000 p.m. Salary transfer is not mandatory and early settlement after is free after 3 years.
- HSBC Personal Loan: HSBC gives personal loans up to AED750, 000 for UAE Nationals and AED 500,000 to expatriates. The loans can be available with minimum documentation in 30 minutes at interest rates starting at 5.99% p.a.
- Car Loan: HSBC car loans are available at rates starting from 2.25% p.a. Finance up to AED 918,000 is available with low monthly instalments. A minimum monthly salary of AED 7000 is required to apply for this loan.