Whether you’re planning a family vacation or a business trip, travelling abroad is no cheap affair. But air tickets, hotel reservations, car-rentals, travel insurance and other expenses incurred internationally don’t necessarily have to cost an arm and a leg. There are various credit cards specifically designed to help you save more when you travel.
Get free Air Tickets by redeeming Reward points/ Airline Miles
Credit cards offering a miles program are perfect for getting free tickets. Spend as usual on the Card and redeem the accumulated miles for free or discounted air tickets and upgrades. Here are some examples:
- With the Citi PremierMiles Signature Credit Card, you can save AED 500 when you buy an air ticket online from UAE’s premium airlines using 10,000 Citi Miles. You have the flexibility to buy tickets on more than 12 Airlines.
- You can get a free companion ticket on Etihad Airways when you spend AED 150,000 in a year with ADIB Etihad Guest Gold or ADIB Etihad Guest Visa Platinum credit card.
- Another popular Card for those using Air Arabia is Mashreq Air Arabia Credit Card
Get Discounts on Hotel Bookings and Other Travel-related Spend
You can also redeem your reward points for booking a Hotel. Your credit card can get you great discounts on purchases related to travel like hotel bookings, car rentals, ferry hires, excursions etc. Here are some great deals being offered by UAE card providers:
- The Mashreq sMiles credit card lets you instantly redeem your sMiles for hotel reservations at over 180,000 hotels worldwide and also for holiday excursions, desert safaris, car-rentals, cruises and sports packages.
- With the Citi PremierMiles Signature/Elite Credit Card, 15,000 Citi Miles can get you AED 500 off all travel-related spend.
Save more with Cashback on International Spend
This summers save more with extra cash back on international spends.
- Get 3.25% cash back on all international Spend on Mashreq Smart Saver Credit Card
- Get up to 5% cash back on RAKBANK Titanium Credit Card. On a spend equivalent to AED 30,000, you will get AED 1500 cash back. This is a Free for life Credit Card.
Complimentary Access to Airport Lounges & International Concierge Services
You can enjoy the comfort of relaxing in premier airport lounges before boarding your flight, thanks to your credit card. Different banks provide limited or unlimited free access to airport lounges as follows:
- Citibank’s PremierMiles Signature credit card gives you unlimited free access to over 60 international airport lounges for yourself and supplementary cardholders. You can also enroll for free in the LoungeKey by Visa program and enjoy free access to over 500 lounges globally.
- Get a Free Priority Pass card with EIB Skywards Visa Infinite Card and Dubai First Skyy Miles Visa Platinum credit cards which gives you access to over 650 airport lounges globally and 2 complimentary visits per year.
Free Travel Insurance
Almost all travel-related credit cards offer complimentary multi-trip insurance cover for you and your family which saves you the trouble of taking travel and medical insurance separately from other providers. Some examples are the Emirates NBD Skywards Infinite/Signature credit cards, ADCB Etihad Guest Above Infinite credit card, Dubai First Skyy Miles credit cards and Mashreq sMiles credit card.
A good Travel Reward Card can save you anything from AED 2,000- AED 10,000 annually and come at an annual Fee of AED 0 to AED 1,000, so be sure to get one today!