Enjoy your holiday even more this year by using 5 simple tips to save on your holiday expenses.
1. Sign up for frequent flyer programs with your favorite airlines. Membership is free and miles accumulation is automatic. The air miles per trip may not seem like a lot but you could get a FREE return ticket every 4-5 years.
2. Select a suitable Credit Card- that can help you save substantially. A good travel rewards Credit Card should offer:
- Airport Transfers. Enjoy complimentary airport transfers in UAE and at your travel destination with Emirates Citibank Gold Credit Card and Skywards Platinum Credit Card. This can save you an easy 150-200 dirhams.
- Access to airport lounges. Travel Reward Cards offer free access to lounges for your relaxation at airports across the world. Enjoy your transit time between 2 connected flights with unlimited access to lounges in more than 17 countries around the world with Emirates Citibank Credit Card.
- Free Travel Insurance. Complimentary Travel Insurance means peace of mind while travel and covers for any inconvenience caused due to cancelled or missed flights, compensation for loss of baggage, emergency travel expenses related to accidents and sickness.
- Discounted holiday packages and airlines tickets. Citibank Credit Card holders get access to discounts with DNATA Travel and MMI Travels
- Maximum Rewards on the credit card spend. The ideal reward on Credit Cards spend, is in the form of air miles. You can earn 1 Skywards Mile for every US Dollar spent domestically with the Emirates-Citibank Ultima Credit Card & 2 Etihad Guest Miles for every 4 AED spent on the ADIB Etihad Guest Visa Credit Card.
- Free Air miles on sign up. Get 25,000 skywards miles with the Emirates-Citibank Ultima Credit Card and 35,000 Sign-up Etihad Guest Miles with ADIB Etihad Guest Visa Gold Credit Card.
- Domestic Privileges. Check out the dining and shopping discounts on your travel rewards cards that can be used even when you are back in UAE. Citibank offers many benefits like exclusive offer on Atlantis, complimentary golf once a month and Emirates NBD has a fabulous dining program associated with the Credit Card.
Read more on the benefits of these Credit Cards before you decide which one to choose.
3. Compare flight and Hotel prices online. Compare flight prices with travel comparison websites like makemytrip.com or cleartrip.ae. Websites like booking.com and tripadvisor.com offer the best prices with customer reviews to help you make a suitable choice. Ditch the expensive hotels in Europe this year- try serviced appartments & villas to enjoy the place like a local.
4. Bonus Rewards & Safety. Use your credit card internationally to earn bonus reward points on every transaction from paying the hotel bills to shopping. Make a holiday budget and spend on the credit card for extra security. A stolen credit card can be blocked immediately with a toll free phone call but stolen cash cannot be recovered at any cost.
5. Make the most of your holiday. Research on things to do online & read other tourists’ reviews to avoid making the same mistakes. Book excursions and trips online. Pre book sight seeing tours and day excursions online to save on ticket cost and avoid the hassle of long queues.
Write to us for any queries and keep us posted on your holiday plans & travel tips for this season on our Facebook Page.