Valentine’s Day is almost here and the pressure is on for most couples to overshadow what they did last year, to do something completely different and to surprise their loved ones with an extraordinary display of love. Everyone seems to have an opinion about what gifts to get, what places to go to and which dinners to attend.
MoneyCamel.com is here to simplify things for you and give you options to suit every kind of budget. There’s something for everyone, so read on.
Do something different: Break the monotony of your routine with something completely new and different. Surprise your valentine with a unique experience such as:
- Diving in Abu Dhabi with Al Mahara or Emirates Diving
- Hiking on the foothills of Ras Al Khaimah. Get ideas with Dubaihiking.org- a non profit website aimed at enjoying outdoors.
- Hot air balooning in Dubai with Balloon Adventures
Fly Away to some place new: If you are an Etihad Guest member, you can earn 25,000 Etihad Guest Miles when you book a ticket on Etihad.com, originating from Abu Dhabi, to any destination before February 15, 2015. Etihad Airways is also running some special airfare deals to London, Munich, Kuala Lumpur, Beijing, Shanghai and Jakarta from AED 2,000-3,000, valid if you book before February 12, 2015.
Perfect time to pop the question: If you havent proposed yet,It’s the perfect time to ask that all important question. There are many options for the venue, depending on your interest and budgets- right from the secluded spot in the desert, right after the crazy roller coaster ride in Ferrari World or at a fancy candle light dinner.
Make Valentine’s Day an Inexpensive Affair. You don’t have to be extravagant to plan the perfect Valentine’s Day. Don’t let budget constraints come in the way of you and your beloved having a great time. We have some ideas for you, which will make sure that your Valentine’s Day is turned into a memorable affair:
A relaxing Day at the beach: The best things in life are free, isn’t that what they say? A day at the beautiful Saadiyat public beach definitely is. The sun, the sand and the wonderful company of your better half will make for a memorable Valentine’s Day date.
A Desert Picnic date: You can take your partner out on a romantic picnic in the desert. Drive out of the city to find the perfect spot for a picnic date. Lay open your picnic basket and chat away till the sun sets - A beautiful way to enjoy each other’s company.
A candle-lit dinner at home: Prepare a delicious meal together at home, right from browsing through recipes together on the internet to going out to buy groceries and cooking up a feast. You can light a few candles and play your favourite music as you sit down to enjoy the fruits of your labour.
Special Offers on Valentine Gifts
Spoil your better half and fly away to Paris: Who wouldn’t like an all-expenses paid trip to Paris especially with Valentine’s Day coming. Paris Gallery is running a special offer wherein you stand to win a “Trip for 2” to Paris for three days, when you spend AED 500 in Paris Gallery stores across Abu Dhabi. The offer is valid till 15 Feb, 2015.
A Sparkling offer hard to miss: Pure Gold Jewellers are running a limited period promotion this month for Valentine’s Day. You will receive a free solitaire pendant when you buy jewellery worth at least AED 3999 from any of their outlets in the UAE. And not just this, you would also be eligible to win a spanking new Mercedes Convertible. Sounds like a win-win for all parties involved.
Some Pampering for the ladies:Women love being pampered, so it makes perfect sense to gift them a day at the Spa. The Nail Spa is offering special Valentine’s Day packages with a complimentary box of chocolates thrown in as a bonus. The packages are reasonably priced and the offer will be running all of February.
Valentine Meals in Abu Dhabi:A sumptuous meal in a beautiful setting at a nice restaurant would be the ideal Valentine’s Day plan for most. Here, are some special Valentine’s Day restaurant offers in Abu Dhabi for/under AED 500 for a couple:
- Sacci, The Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort & Spa is celebrating the Festival of Love and a 4-course set menu is on offer. You can enjoy live Saxophonists and take away a box of goodies, all for AED 495 per couple.
- Choices, Yas Island Rotana, Abu Dhabi, is introducing a Valentine’s buffet inclusive of oysters, lobster, live grilling station, sushi bar and a specially created Valentine’s cake. It also reasonably priced at AED 175-245 per person.
- Rosebuds, Beach Rotana Hotel, Abu Dhabi has an Around-the-World night on offer with an upgraded “Lovers’ Buffet” at AED 200 per person.
- Bord Eau, Shangri La Hotel, Abu Dhabi is offering a fabulous 6-course set menu this Valentine’s Day. Couples can have a Polaroid photo of themselves taken as well. All at AED 450 per couple.
- Hoi An, also in Shangri La Hotel, Abu Dhabi is offering a 3-course set menu inclusive of house wine, reasonably priced at AED 125 per person
- Trader Vic’s has a special French-Polynesian evening planned, with a 4-course set menu inclusive of beverages at AED 245 per person.
Make the deals sweeter with your Bank.You can save a cool 15-25% of all your expense by simply using your debit or credit card for all your celebrations.
- Get 15% off on Hot air balloning , Ferrari world and Yas water world with your FGB Credit Card.
- Enjoy 15-20% dining discounts at all your favorite restaurants in Yas Viceroy with Citibank Credit Cards.
- Get 10-15% off rack rates at leading Five star Hotels including Qasr Al Sarab, Intercontinental, Cristal Abu Dhabi & Sofitel Conrnice with your Citibank Credit Cards.
- Enjoy special discounts and offers all year round with deals on restaurants, hotels, air travel, waterparks, movies and shopping, on your Credit Cards. See all these deals on Credit Card Deals section on MoneyCamel.com
Go ahead and plan a wonderful day with your loved one.