5 Travel Tips for this summer vacation
- From choosing your destination to buying tickets, from shopping and dining at the right places to managing lost baggage & missed flights- we present some travel tips to assist you this summers.
Air tickets- Airlines always slash prices just before summer vacations in a bid to get the most bookings in advance. Look out for Airlines Sales to get good discounts. Avoid booking tickets right after school vacations period i.e. 26th June – 6thJuly and also immediately after the first day of Eid that’s around 19th July- 26th July. Tickets are more reasonable priced in August this year.
- Hotel Bookings. Hotel prices are usually at their peak during summers (July- August). If you are traveling with family, try staying in a Hotel Apartment or even in privately owned apartments/ villas. Visit sites like booking.com and airbnb.com to see apartments available for short-term rentals.
- Get a Travel Reward Credit Card to get travel related benefits. Travel Rewards can get you:
- Free Travel Insurance when ticket is purchased using the Card- Travel insurance gets you covered not just for medical assistance abroad but also against delayed flight and lost baggage.
- Free Lounge access at airports. When you take odd hour flights or have a break between connecting flights, a lounge access can prove really useful
- Free pick and drop from home to the airport.
- Cash back on spend abroad. Earn up to 10% cash back on international spend when you use the right Credit Card. Find the best travel rewards cards on the Credit cards section.
- Go to a unique destination this summers. Avoid the rush at the commonly visited locations in Europe and US. Instead, go to destinations like New Zealand or Australia and enjoy best rates on stay and sight seeing.
- Experience the city without getting duped by local travel guides. Check reviews of other tourists on places to visit before you fix your itinerary. You can use websites such as tripadvisor.com to look for genuine places to shop and authentic places to dine. Such websites can help you find suitable places for all budgets and interests. Using hotel cabs is usually the most expensive mode of transport. So, if you are traveling on a budget, spend some time to study the public transport system and make the most of it.